Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
At Patcham Infant School and Nursery Class we take a whole school approach to the promotion of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural education as we recognise that it plays a significant role in children’s ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- their own values and beliefs; their own spiritual awareness;
- their own high standards of personal behaviour;
- a positive, caring attitude towards other people;
- an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and;
- an appreciation of the diversity and richness of their cultures.
- Development of SMSC is supported through our school ethos, our behaviour policy and through all areas of the national curriculum. A significant contribution is made by Religious Education and through assemblies.
Our visit from the Kakatsitsi Dancers and Drummers from Ghana